Saturday, April 11, 2015

March 23, 2015 (Monday)

Time: 12pm-5pm (5)
Hours completed (IST): 88.5/135
Hours completed (Kara Robinson): 15/15
Accumulated on-site hours: 103.5/150

I met last week with my practicum advisor. In all, she was satisfied with my progress thus far aside from two concerns: I was behind on putting my daily logs online and she was concerned that I made and distributed an assessment tool. The former would be fixed in due course, but for the latter she requested that I complete IRB training. I first read the information about research and the IRB that was available on the university website. Kent is part of the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative at the University of Miami (link) so I went there next.

Signing up was easy enough, though it was confusing to figure out what module that I should do. I started working on the IRB Member/Refresher module. I made it through about ten courses. I was surprised the prominent role that the Belmont Report played in IRB certification, I remember reading it as part of my Fundamental of LIS class.

No comments:

Post a Comment