Wednesday, April 22, 2015

April 12, 2015 (Sunday)

Time: 7pm-10pm (3)
Hours completed (IST): 121/135
Hours completed (Kara Robinson): 15/15
Accumulated on-site hours: 136/150

 I spent today preparing for the BI scheduled on Tuesday. This is the English class that is writing a paper relating to the homeless in Cleveland, OH after reading the book Derelict Paradise. Because we have met with this class several times already, I decided to draw from my academic experience and speak to them a little about primary and secondary resources and historical analysis. Mainly, I want to impart to them how to critically analyze a document from the past. After looking at several sites I decided to use this on from WikiHow as a model because it is short and accurate.

In addition I planned to pass out copies of these simplified primary and secondary source resource analysis sheets for the students to use, if they want. These are a more simplified version of the kind of source evaluation worksheets that are available through the National Archives.



No comments:

Post a Comment