Saturday, April 11, 2015

March 29, 2015 (Sunday)

Time: 10am-4pm (6)
Hours completed (IST): 98.5/135
Hours completed (Kara Robinson): 15/15
Accumulated on-site hours: 113.5/150

I spent today adding doing some more search for and adding content to the LibGuide.  I changed some of the pages around and thought of new purposes for them:
  • Home- describe the page and what it contains
  • Satire in Brief- gives and encyclopedic definition of satire and talks briefly about it
  • The Problem with Satire- analyzes the creation and reception of satire
  • Missing the Joke- Provide examples of the problem with satire through examples from academics, journalists, and social media
  • Identifying Satirical News Sites- will give students some background in information literacy and tools to identify legitimate news sources. I'm basing this on my approach to IL which I call ACR (authority, currency, relevancy) which is a minor variation on the CARP (currency, authority, relevancy, purpose) model. I believe that authority is both the most complex and most important aspect of IL.
  • Resources- this page will provide a list of satirical news sites and possibly some like to external resources on the topic
After working on this for some time and comparing it to other LibGuides at Kent, I began to feel that I was going too far into the instructional realm with this project. I decided to stop here and speak with Tammy about this at our next meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment