Saturday, April 11, 2015

March 25, 2015 (Wednesday)

Time: 11am-3pm (4)
Hours completed (IST): 92.5/135
Hours completed (Kara Robinson): 15/15
Accumulated on-site hours: 107.5/150


Today I completed my IRB certifications. After finally finishing the Member/Refresher module I thought that it might me good experience to look at some of the other modules available. By the end of the day I had completed four certifications:
  1. IRB Members/Refresher
  2. Social and Behavioral Research
  3. Responsible Conduct of Research, Social and Behavioral
  4. Responsible Conduct of Research, Humanities
I now have a much better sense of when IRBs come into play (when live humans are involved and the intent is to generalize the data collected) and a great reminder of the many many concerns that researchers must consider in their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment