Thursday, April 9, 2015

February 16, 2015 (Monday)

Time: 2pm-3pm; 3pm-6pm (4)
Hours completed (IST): 36.5/135
Hours completed (Kara Robinson): 15/15
Accumulated on-site hours: 51.5/150


Today I had a meeting with my practicum supervisor and began work on a new project. After discussing the schedule for the week, we talked about other projects I could work on. We decided that a working on a LibGuide would be a good thing to work on. I was unsure exactly what I was going to work on yet, but Tammy suggested that I go ahead and begin looking at other LibGuides to get a sense of how I want to construct mine. Also, it was necessary to wait to get added to the system before I could do any real work.


I began study LibGuides by looking at both those created on campus as well as those listed on LibGuides Community. While I am still unsure of my topic, I am more interested in creating a LibGuide that is part learning module and part resource module. Several that I looked at from other institutions use things like short tests or small interactive activities. Using different approaches at the same time, much like in the classroom, seems like a good strategy.


Now just to get a topic and get set up in the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment