Monday, January 19, 2015

January 11, 2015 (Sunday)

Time: 12pm-1:30pm
Hours completed (ISD): 0/135
Hours completed (Kara Robinson): 1.5/15
Accumulated on-site hours: 1.5/150

As part of a previous discussion with Kara Robinson she suggested that I could possibly contact the History Department to get their input on the collection development project. I spent some time considering the best method to implement this idea if we chose to follow this route. Electronic communication seemed the best delivery choice and, rather than simply using an email, decided to devise a form that could be filled out by the respondents. I was aware that Microsoft Word could be used to create such a form but had never attempted to do so. After reading a few web sites, I was able to complete the History Assessment form. I was especially cognizant to create the form in such a way where scope could easily be change, as Kara explained that she saw this as the first step in a larger collection assessment.

After completing the form I showed it to Kara. She liked the idea of the form and felt it was well-done; however, she did not believe that the faculty would respond in great enough numbers to really help the assessment. Instead, I will proceed with reviewing the catalog with the goal of locating books that can be removed from on-site and replaced with off-site resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment